Why Create a Jewish Legacy?
In one way or another, you’ve no doubt enjoyed the warmth, closeness, traditions, and support of a vibrant Jewish community throughout your life. Who will keep these experiences alive and thriving for future generations?
Creating your own Jewish legacy ensures that your passions and the Jewish values you cherish will continue beyond your lifetime. Through Create a Jewish Legacy, you can easily create a meaningful gift for the synagogues, day schools, and agencies you cherish without writing a check or providing a credit card number today. This is a gift you create for the future through your will, retirement account, life insurance policy, or other means. You’ll receive all the kavod today – all the honor – without reducing any of your funds during your lifetime. Your legacy gift also serves as an example to your loved ones that you believe it’s important to support the Jewish community.
A Community-Wide Partnership
Create a Jewish Legacy helps Jewish organizations approach their donors for legacy gifts in order to ensure that their valuable work can continue far into the future. This collaborative endowment program enables donors to fulfill their philanthropic goals while strengthening and sustaining vital programs, services, and institutions.
The Jewish Community Foundation of Greater MetroWest NJ (JCF) currently partners with 21 local organizations to raise awareness about the importance of endowments for a stable financial future. JCF works with these partners to develop their legacy planning skills and help them create an overall strategy for securing legacy gifts and stewarding their donors. JCF provides training, a comprehensive set of tools, marketing materials, and ongoing coaching.
Current CJL Partner Organizations
- Adath Shalom, Morris Plains
- Bnai Keshet, Montclair
- Congregation Agudath Israel, Caldwell
- Congregation Beth Israel, Scotch Plains
- Congregation B'nai Israel, Millburn
- Congregation Ohr Shalom-Summit JCC, Summit
- JCC of Central NJ, Scotch Plains
- Jewish Family Service of Central NJ, Elizabeth
- Jewish Family Service of MetroWest NJ, Florham Park
- Jewish Service for the Developmentally Disabled of MetroWest, West Orange
- Morristown Jewish Center Beit Yisrael, Morristown
- Mt. Freedom Jewish Center, Randolph
- Oheb Shalom Congregation, South Orange
- Temple Beth Ahm Yisrael, Springfield
- Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim, Cranford
- Temple Beth O'r Beth Torah, Clark
- Temple Beth Shalom, Livingston
- Temple B'nai Or, Morristown
- Temple Emanu-El, Westfield
- Temple Sinai, Summit
- YM-YWHA of Union County, Union